Creating a Distilled Spirit
The following is a brief overview of the key steps:
- Maceration of the pomace or mash
- Fermentation of the pomace or mash
- The distillate is stored and matured in stainless steel containers. These do not affect the taste or aroma.
- If desired, the distillate is then aged in various wooden barrels - barriques or tonneaux (oak barrels).
- Demineralised water is added to the distillate to dilute to the desired drinking strength
- Cooling and filtering of the distillate